Cyprus, Nicosia

All types of visas in northern cyprus

Updated: 4 months ago

Tourist visa

A tourist visa is issued to those who arrive in the country for tourism purposes and stay in a hotel or other accommodation facility, as well as to those who have rented accommodation for these purposes. A tourist visa is issued for 30 days or up to 90 days - in case of presentation of a paid booking document.

For those who come to visit family or relatives and stay at their home, a tourist visa is issued for a maximum of 60 days.

Also, visas for up to 90 days can be issued to persons arriving on official visits, business meetings, conferences, seminars, meetings, festivals, fairs, exhibitions, sports or cultural and artistic events, health tourism, and other similar purposes.

Work Permit Visa.

Issued for a period of 30 days, to persons who have entered the country with prior permission under the Law on Work Permits for Foreigners. Citizens of countries that do not have an embassy, consulate, or other representative office in the country are required to enter with a passport valid for at least two years to issue such a visa.

Study visa: internship, courses, exchange program, and advanced training

Foreigners who want to come to Northern Cyprus for internships, courses, student exchange programs, and advanced training can be granted a visa for up to 90 days if they confirm the purpose of the visit with documents.

Business organization visa

Foreigners arriving in North Cyprus to set up a business are granted a 30-day visa if they prove they have the capital to start a business.

Visa on residence permit

Depending on the type of residence, foreigners coming to the TRNC can be issued the following types of visas:

Family residence permit: Foreigners applying for a family residence permit upon entry into the country may be granted a visa for up to 90 days.

Visa in connection with the ownership of real estate: those who present a certificate of ownership of real estate may be granted a visa for up to 90 days.

Visa for applying for a student residence permit: foreigners arriving in the country for a student residence permit may be granted a visa for 60 days after the submission of a student registration document or pre-registration.

Visa for Judicial and Administrative Purposes.

Issued to those who arrive in the country at the request or decision of the judicial or administrative authorities, a visa valid for the duration of their service may be granted.

Scientific research visa: issued to those who come to the country for scientific research, a visa valid for the duration of such research may be issued.

Visa for university graduates in the country: A visa valid for 30 days can be issued to those who have attended the entire faculty of higher education, requiring two years of study in the TRNC, and at least three years of faculty, which requires four years or more

Do you need a consultation?